- General Details
The Stockbridge Damper is designed to enhance conductor life by lessening potential vibration-induced fatigue.
• Clamps designed around common conductor sizes
◊ Ease of specification
• Single bolt design
◊ Ease of installation
◊ Single wrench installation
• Accurate components assembly represents greater energy dissipation
◊ Provides extended life for overhead lines
• Messenger cable and weights have a corrosion resistant finish
◊ Weight design eliminates water entrapment
◊ Smooth surfaces and rounded edges to eliminate possible corona discharge
The Stockbridge Dampers meet the following standards:
• IEC 61897 Overhead lines—Requirements and Test for Stockbridge Aeolian Vibration Dampers.
• IEEE Std 664-1993 IEEE Guide for Laboratory Measurement of the Power Dissipation Characteristics of Aeolian Vibration Dampers for Single Conductors